General Smoothie Tips:
- If smoothie seems too thick, just add a bit of low fat milk or water and blend again.
- Freeze over ripe bananas and use them to thicken your smoothies if you want a dairy free version.
Any smoothie can be made dairy free or sugar free. Use water to add to protein powder and fruit for a dairy free smoothie.
Ice cubes added to the blender with the other ingredients will give you a thick, icy cold smoothie.
A tip for diabetics – Obviously diabetics have to watch the amount of fruit they eat/drink. I suggest NOT using fruit juice to thin the smoothie…use yogurt and/or water.
- ½ cup of 1 % milk or Vanilla Almond Beverage
- 1 cup of Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.